Easy dinner for two!
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Chili Powder
- Olive Oil
- 1 Head Romaine Hearts (torn or cut in bite size pieces)
- 12-16 Grape Tomatoes
- Red Onions (sliced thin)
- Sunflower Seeds (handful)
- Ramen Noodles (uncooked, plain, broken into pieces)
- Asiago Cheese (Shredded)
- Caesar Dressing (I used Marzetti’s Ultimate Caesar)
- Heat a grill pan with a couple of table of olive oil (medium-high heat)
- Put chicken breasts in a plastic bag and pound flat with meat hammer
- Sprinkle chili powder and cumin (to taste on one side of chicken breasts)
- Sear the chicken breast on both sides (3-4 minutes a side) and then reduce heat to low and cover until done (5 – 10 minutes depending on the thickness)
- While the chicken is cooking prepare the salad on 2 plates
- Start with the romaine, add the red onions, grape tomatoes, sunflower seeds, ramen noodles (instead of croutons), and Asiago cheese
- When chicken is done, remove from pan, slice, and place on top of salad
- Drizzle with Caesar dressing
I served this with the Rhodes Multigrain rolls.
They are in the freezer section at Wegman’s. I took them out of the freezer in the morning, placed them in a greased muffin pan, covered them with plastic wrap and let them rise all day while I was at work.
They bake 15 – 20 minutes in the oven and are delicious.