I got this recipe from my sister-in-law, Linda. It is a family favorite!
- 2 – Bunches of Broccoli (cut into small bite-size pieces)
- 1 – Small Red Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1/2 Pound of Crispy Bacon (crumbled ~ or to make it easier, I cut the bacon with my kitchen shears into small pieces before cooking)
- 1/2 Head of Cauliflower (cut into small bite-size pieces)
- Sunflower Seeds (about 1/4 – 1/2 cup)
- 8 – Ounces of Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 2 Cups of Mayonaise
- 4 Tablespoons Apple Cider vinegar
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar
- The night before combine all 3 ingredients for the dressing and refrigerate overnight.
- Combine the broccoli, cauliflower, onion and bacon in a large bowl, add a handful of sunflower seeds (or to taste).
- When ready to serve, add the dressing, mix well (you want just enough to cover the salad but not to be drowning in it)
* This is even good left-over the next day.