This is my mom’s Chili recipe with a little tweaking from me. I did not like it when I was a kid so you will notice some kid friendly changes. Now, it’s a favorite of mine especially on a cool fall day.
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Diced Onion
- 3/4 cup Diced Celery
- Optional ~ 1/2 cup Diced Pepper (Green, Red, Hot, Sweet…whatever you like)
- 2 large cans (28 oz) stewed tomatoes (I throw these in the food processor because my boys do not like big chunks of tomatoes)
- 2 cans tomato soup (it just doesn’t taste the same with out the soup…I use the Campbell’s Healthy Request)
- 4 teaspoons Chili Powder
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 2 packages Green Giant Frozen Niblet Corn in Butter Sauce (cooked for about 4 minutes in the microwave)
- Optional ~ 1 can Beans (your choice)
- Optional ~ Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Over medium to high heat, brown the ground beef ( I use a pastry cutter for browning beef…finer pieces)
- Add the onions, celery and peppers and cook until tender.
- Add additional ingredients and mix well.
- Reduce heat to simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes minimally.
- We like this served with corn bread (for quick meals I keep a couple of the Jiffy mixes on hand) and topped with some shredded cheddar cheese.