This recipe is from Gina B (she got it from Betty Crocker)
It is fantastic…make this instead of pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving!
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package Betty Crocker SuperMoist spice cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup Butter, melted
- Whipped cream, if desired
- Additional pumpkin pie spice, if desired
- Heat over to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 pan.
- Beat pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, and 4 tsp pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl with wire whisk until smooth and pour into pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Pour melted butter evenly over top of dessert.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly.
- To serve, cut dessert into 4 rows by 3 rows. Serve warm or chilled with dollop of whipped cream sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice.
- Store covered in refrigerator. (even better the next day!)