Also a Weight Watcher Recipe – To change this recipe to a “non-Weight Watchers” cake…make cake according to box. Substitute full fat ingredients for the Fat Free
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake mix
- 10-oz Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi
- 2 egg whites
- 6-oz fat-free caramel ice cream topping *
- 7-oz fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Skor Bar or Heath Bar bits (found by the choc. chips)
- 1 (8-oz) container fat-free cool Whip
- Mix cake mix, egg white and diet soda.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out smooth in a greased 9×13 pan.
- During the last few minutes of baking, put caramel and condensed milk in a sauce pan and stir on medium low heat until smooth.
- Take cake out of oven, and poke holes all over the top.
- Pour caramel mixture over warm cake, filling in the holes.
- Cool completely.
(I usually do the next step a few hours before I serve it)
- Sprinkle Heath bits over the top , reserving some to garnish.
- Cover with container of fat-free cool whip and sprinkle with remaining heath bits.
- Put in fridge until ready to serve.