Another family favorite!
- Open Pit BBQ Sauce- to taste (about 3/4 bottle)
- 2 Large onions- sliced thick
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 2-3 sliced green peppers
- 6 cans Campbells Tomato Soup
- 5 cans water
- 4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion- chopped
- 8 slices bread- cubed
- 3/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- Saute onions & peppers in frying pan
- In large sauce pan, add all soup ingredients
- Simmer over low heat
- Mix all hamburger ingredients in large bowl.
- Form beef into patties (I make them each 4 oz).
- Brown patties on both sides in a frying pan.
- Add burgers to sauce and simmer until burgers a fully cooked
- Serve on hamburger rolls