Another great gluten-free recipe from my friend, Sue R
Makes 20 delicious cookies
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar (I use dark brown sugar)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla (I always overflow the teaspoon)
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup sliced almonds (I used sliced almonds and chopped them up)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk brown sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix in oats and almonds.
- Drop mixture by level tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Spray the underside of a metal spatula with nonstick cooking spray, and use to flatten cookies into 2 ½ inch disks.
- Bake until golden, 14 to 16 minutes.
- Cool completely on baking sheets ( handle with care; cookies are fragile.)