Need a great appetizer that you can prepare ahead of time? Sesame chicken is the answer for you!
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast 1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons soy sauce 2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons dry sherry 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon gingerroot 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
3 tablespoons sesame seeds chutney or plum sauce.
1. Cut chicken into bite size pieces
2. Mix together in a shallow dish: salt, maple syrup, soy sauce, ginger, 5 spice, vegetable oil and sherry.
3. Marinate chicken in mixture for at least 6 hours or up to 24hours.
4. Sprinkle chicken pieces in sesame seeds
5. Bake uncovered, at 400 for about 15 minutes. Brush occasionally with marinade sauce.
6. This may be served as a hot or cold appetizer. Serve with chutney or plum sauce.
I have been known to prepare the chicken and marinate weeks ahead of time. As long as you use fresh chicken (that has not been previously frozen) you may freeze the chicken in the marinate sauce. Simply defrost, coat in the sesame seeds and bake!