Use all butter for a softer texture or all shortening for a crispier texture.
We like a combination of both.
- 1 – 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 – 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix 1 – 1/2 cups sugar, the butter, shortening, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
- Roll balls in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cooking pan.
- Cook 8 – 10 minutes or until set (cracks have begun to form and the cookies are golden).