This recipe is from Mike B and it is delicious!
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (I like to use a mix of apples)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 unbaked pie shell, (Pie Crust like Nana’s or Basic Pie Crust ~ 3 Ways)
- For topping:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- For filling, mix ingredients and pour into pie crust. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until custard sets.
- Remove from oven, but don’t turn oven off, lower temperature to 350°.
- For topping, mix topping ingredients until creamy. Spread on top of pie, mixing some of it into the pie with a fork.
- Return to oven at 350° oven for 30-40 minutes.