Great shortbread like cookie…use different jams to change the flavor!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- about 1/3 cup jam (your choice)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well
- Divide dough into four equal portions; shape each into a 12-in. x 3/4-in. log.
- Place 4 in. apart on two greased baking sheets.
- Make a 1/2-in. depression down center of logs; fill with jam
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 2 minutes; cut diagonally into 3/4-in. slices.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.