Crispy with a hint of Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening (organic)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
Optional: 1 cup ~ raisins, nuts, chocolate chips or butterscotch chips…I like these without any optional ingredients, the flavor is so yummy, but do what you must!
- Mix all ingredients except oats, flour and optional ingredients.
- Stir in oats, flour and optional ingredients.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until light brown about 10 minutes at 375°
Makes about 30 cookies….I always double the recipe because 30 cookies is a joke in my house.