Moist, flavorful, easy.
I have had this recipe for years, it always turns out great.
- 1 (4 lb) pork loin roast
- 1 cup prepared applesauce (homemade is even better)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a small bowl combine applesauce, brown sugar, vinegar and ground cloves, set aside.
- Cut slits in top of the loin roast and insert garlic strips into those slits.
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, pepper and mustard, like a rub and rub over the roast.
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered, at 350°F until a thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Brush applesauce mixture over roast during the last 1/2 hour of baking.
- When thermometer reads done, remove the roast to a warm serving platter.
- To make gravy thicken broth in pan with cornstarch and water, (this is a sweet gravy)