My friend Amy O shared this recipe with me.
Crisp, delicate, melt in your mouth cookie.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp grated orange peel (try grated Clementine!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine butter and cream cheese, gradually add sugar and beat unit light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk, orange peel, and vanilla.
- Sift together flour and salt, blend gradually into cream cheese mixture.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Roll and cut out cookies, sprinkle with color sugar or other sprinkles.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes, or until light golden in color.
*I usually double this recipe.
This dough can also be used for press cookies.