This recipe is from my friend, Lynn ‘down the street’, I tweaked it, ever so slightly.
It is simple, basic, you probably have the ingredients in the house and your kids will eat it.
You will probably like it too!
- 1 lb ground beef
- black pepper & onion powder to taste (this is optional and would be for the more discerned taste)
- Cheese, (Velveeta works best and kids love it, American works too)
- 1 lb macaroni, cooked (whatever you have, but you know they think elbow macaroni tastes the best)
- Important: Do not put anything green in here or try to hide tiny diced onions…they will find them!
- Brown the ground beef, add pepper or onion powder if you’d like, but no salt, the ketchup adds enough salt.
- Add the macaroni and mix well
- Stir in some slices of Velveeta or American Cheese (don’t get too fancy or they’ll turn up their noses)
- Now, this is the tricky part…once the cheese melts, add some ketchup…this is to taste, but I usually add enough that the color changes slightly.
- Heat through.
and there’s no…