Fast, easy, delicious
Great for fussy eaters too!
Prep time 10 minutes, bake time about an hour.
Serves 4 but easily multiplied & divided
- 1 Large Foil bag or heavy duty aluminum foil
- Barbecue sauce
- 4-6, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half-inch strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced in rings or diced
- 1 red pepper, sliced in rings or diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 20 small new potatoes, sliced thin
- Optional: Other vegetables such as frozen corn or peas, mushroom slices
- Sauce of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large foil bag spread barbecue sauce in the bottom of the bag or for individual packets (perfect for individual preferences) tear off four sheets of foil (preferably heavy duty), each about 12 x 15 inches and spread sauce in the center of each.
- Place the chicken on top of the barbecue sauce.
- Add the peppers, potatoes and any other vegetables.
- Drizzle another tablespoon of barbecue sauce over top.
- If using a large bag, it is recommended to sprinkle a tablespoon of flour over the top…necessary?
- Seal the bag or in half-inch pleats, fold the foil over itself first lengthwise and then crosswise to create tightly sealed packets.
- Try to keep the ingredients in an even layer, more flat than rounded.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked, test veggies or potatoes with a fork for tenderness.
- Carefully open the bag or packages (watch for steam!)
- Serve and enjoy!
Cut everything up the night before or in the morning (it only takes a few minutes) and then pop it in the oven about an hour before you want to eat.