Makes a great appetizer or a nice side dish..
- 1 loaf Batard French Bread
- 2 cans Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes (drained)
- Diced red onion (1/2 onion)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- Wegman’s basting oil, or an herb flavored oil
- Fresh chopped Italian basil, 8-10 leaves (fresh is best but dried can be used)
- Fresh chopped oregano, small bunch pulled from stems (fresh is best but dried can be used)
- Feta cheese (1/3 –1/2 cup)
- Mix all together and add oil to taste, enough oil hold it together but not be drippy.
- Cover and refrigerate ½ hour.
- Slice bread thin (about 1/2 inch) and put on a cookie sheet in a 400° oven until crisp and slightly brown at edges.
- Serve toasted bread in a basket with bruschetta in a bowl on the side.
- Let guests spoon their own, this eliminate soggy bread.