Cheesy & delicious, garnish with scallions & croutons
Another great recipe from Linda Lou
- 4 slices bacon – diced
- 3 potatoes – diced
- 2 tbsp onion minced
- 3 tomatoes – cut up
- 1 tbsp celery minced
- 2 cups liquid (potato water)
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups corn
- 3 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- bay leaf
- condensed milk
- Cook bacon on high till crispy, lower heat and add onion, celery, bay leaf and pepper and sauté till soft.
- Cook potatoes separately in water until fork tender, save liquid.
- Melt butter in large pot, add flour, and keep stirring, adding liquid a little at a time (use potato water).
- Add corn, potato, tomato and bacon mix well in large pot.
- Add condensed milk to taste.
- I usually triple this recipe, so I use one small can of condensed milk.