Slightly tweaked from Kathy’s recipe.
Decadent pastry delight!
- 1 cup water
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 small boxes vanilla instant pudding
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 cups milk (the recipe calls for at least 2% but I use skim without any issue)
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate, 1 pkg of chips or 3 bars
- 2 tsp shortening
- OR Chocolate Syrup
- pint of whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- In a saucepan bring water and butter to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add flour.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly combined.
- Spread out on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400° for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese with a little milk, until smooth.
- Add vanilla instant pudding mix and the rest of the milk.
- Pour over the dough.
- Melt the chocolate and shortening together
- Drizzle all of the melted chocolate over the pudding mixture & then spread it gently to cover
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Whip cream with vanilla and sugar.
- Spread whipped cream over the chocolate
Top the pudding mixture with the whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup just before serving.
Both are good, but the melted Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate is our favorite!
I will post a picture of the melted chocolate version next time I make it!