Taff’s Florida Fruit Salad
Pasta & Fruit…perfect for a cool summer side dish!
- 1-1/4 cups Rosa Marina Macaroni #37
- 2 small cans chunk pineapple, drained, sit juice aside
- 2 large cans Mandarin Oranges
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp flour
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- In a small bowl combine sugar, salt, flour.
- Place juice from pineapple in a pan along with the sugar combination.
- Beat eggs and add to the pan.
- Cook over low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Pour over cooked macaroni, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day: Drain oranges and mix with pineapple and 8oz Cool Whip.
- Combine with the macaroni.
- Chill & serve.