Another recipe of my mom’s…
- 1 lb Pork, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups Fresh Pineapple Chunks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice, reserved
- 3-4 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- Brown the pork in olive oil.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Reduce heat, add 3/4 cup water & simmer, covered, for 20-30 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine sugar, cornstarch, pineapple juice, vinegar & soy sauce.
- Add this mixture to meat and mix well
- Continue cooking until sauce is thickened and clear.
- Add pineapple & peppers, cook 5-10 minutes or until peppers are tender, but not mushy.
- Serve with rice.