This is my mom’s recipe.
I remember walking in from school and the house smelling of Swiss Steak…mmmmm
Use your crock-pot & dinner is made while you’re at work!
- 1-2 tbsp Olive oil
- 6 pieces round steak (about 1/2 inch thick & 4-5 inches across)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp Fresh ground pepper
- Lipton Beefy Onion Soup Mix
- Place flour, pepper & round steak in a large zip-lock bag, shake to coat.
- Heat Olive Oil in a large frying pan.
- Brown meat in oil.
- Place meat in crock-pot & sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- Add enough water to cover the meat.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours.
The longer it cooks the more tender it is.
We like this served with rice and veggies.