Warning: If you made this once you will be asked to make it again and again and again…
but it’s soooo good!
Another great recipe from the cookbook
- 1 cup butter (do not substitute)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp real vanilla
- 6 quarts popped popcorn
- optional: peanuts, almonds, cashews, etc.
- Melt butter in large saucepan
- Add sugar, corn syrup and salt
- Over medium to high heat stir continuously until mixture comes to a boil
- Let mixture boil without stirring for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat
- Stir in baking soda & vanilla
- Slowly pour caramel over popped corn and optional nuts. Mix well.
- Spread popcorn mixture on 2 large baking sheets. (I put one on the top rack and one on the bottom and switch them each time I stir)
- Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and break apart.
Store in covered container.