SERVES 6 -10
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (Lawry’s)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, rinsed dried and shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, very finely sliced
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- In a blender, mix together the reserved bacon drippings, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, sugar and basil blend dressing and set aside.
- Layer lettuce, tomato, onion, in a 9X13 aluminum pan.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over tomatoes, top with bacon.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Just before serving top with croutons.